Emerge Law Group is a boutique law firm based in the Pacific Northwest offering big-firm experience to clients in a wide array of matters.
Our business transactional team has practiced at large law and accounting firms, worked as in house legal counsel for public companies and owned and operated start-up companies. Our experience helps us provide high quality legal services to clients. We represent entrepreneurs and businesses in all stages of growth, including start-ups, mid-market, and mature companies. We specialize in:
- Formation matters
- Corporate securities and financing
- Commercial loan transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business transitions and estate planning
- Corporate and partnership tax
- Corporate governance
- Franchise and distribution law
Our cannabis industry team is made up of highly experienced business, compliance, tax and criminal defense attorneys and is uniquely positioned to assist clients working in the cannabis industry. We understand all aspects of the cannabis industry and are a full service firm for industry clients (growers, processors and retailers) as well as ancillary businesses (testing facilities, hydroponic stores, landlords, banks and credit unions) in Oregon and Washington.
Amy Margolis serves on the Rule Committee for the Oregon Health Authority’s Dispensary Program and has been instrumental in forming the Oregon Cannabis Growers PAC and the Oregon Growers Association. Additionally, she has represented individuals charged with serious crimes in Oregon for more than thirteen years. Dave Kopilak was the primary drafter of Oregon Ballot Measure 91 proposing legalization of recreational marijuana in the State of Oregon. Our attorneys have spoken at numerous cannabis conferences. We are guided by three principles:
- We apply traditional well-tested business models to a non-traditional industry.
- We walk the path together with clients as we navigate a new and exciting industry.
- We support moving the cannabis industry forward in a responsible, productive and meaningful way.