Our Cannabis Business Practice is focused on partnering with entrepreneurs to give them the legal tools to help them grow their business and navigate the ever-changing state and local cannabis legal landscape. We have offices and attorneys in California, Arizona, Nevada and Colorado and significant legal and regulatory expertise needed to represent your business in the rapidly growing cannabis industry. For nearly a decade, the veteran cannabis industry lawyers on our team have worked in State and Federal Cannabis Law, Criminal Law, Governmental Relations, Policy and Legislation.
Viridis Law GroupTM is a division of Bremer Whyte Brown & O’Meara, LLP (“Bremer Whyte”), an AV-rated firm that provides a full range of transactional and litigation services to businesses and individuals. Bremer Whyte was recently selected as one of Orange County Business Journal’s Top 20 Law Firms. With more than 100 attorneys and offices in Newport Beach, Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, Northern California, Las Vegas, Reno, Phoenix, and Denver, we take great pride as a full-service law firm committed to high-quality and responsive legal services.
Our team of dedicated legal experts provides comprehensive legal services to cannabis industry businesses, working hard to protect your company and investment by ensuring that your business complies with all regulations, representing you in disputes, and advising you on day-to-day transactional matters. We also represent individuals and groups facing criminal marijuana charges.
Our attorneys have advised and represented small businesses and large corporations, medical cannabis collectives, municipal and governmental entities, and individual clients. Some of our team’s accomplishments include:
- Authoring the medical cannabis licensing system in Washington, D.C.;
- Winning the case that provided the foundation for California’s legal dispensary system, People v. Jovan Jackson;
- Counseling business clients on commercial real estate deals;
- Drafting medical cannabis legislation for Illinois;
- Working with legislators on current medical cannabis measures in California and lobbying for legalization in 2016;
- Represented the first licensed dispensary in San Diego county, and in 2014, the first recipient of a license issued by the City of San Diego.
- Lead lobbyist in Congress on the historic 2014 Rohrabacher amendment–the first ever vote in Congress in favor of protecting state marijuana laws and marijuana policy reform.